In these terms and conditions ‘The AC ’ means The Admirable Crichton Events Ltd,. ‘The Client’ means the person, firm or companymaking the booking and ‘The Booking’ means the event to be catered for or event management services provided by The AC. ‘The Quotation’ means the price provided by The AC Group based on the estimated number of persons who will be attending The Booking. A full definition of other terms is available on request. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will fallwithin the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Please note that for events requiring hotel or flight bookings additional terms will apply. Where clients are based outside of the UK, additional terms may apply.
1. Quotations. Quotations are valid for 2 months from the date of quotation. The most recent version of the quotation will be used to determine numbers and menu choices in the absence of further information. Quotation costs are shown exclusive of VAT, which is charged at the prevailing rate. Whilst we honourthe prices of confirmed events, we reserve the right to charge additionally for any change in government duties levied that ouroutside of our control. Costs for any events that were confirmed and transferred from 2021or 2022dates will be honouredbut any increased in government levies, food, fuel orlabourcostswill be passed on.
2. Confirmation. Written or electronic confirmation from The Client or signed terms and conditions are required in order to proceed with TheBooking. Electronic confirmation assumes acceptance of the terms set out here. Forevents with less than 7 working days notice we reserve the right to proceed on verbal confirmation. Payment of a deposit constitutes acceptance of these terms. Once confirmation is received, acceptance of our terms is asserted for all subsequent requotes.
3.1. Deposits for Events Taking Place More Than 6 Months From The Confirmation Date. a non-refundable deposit of 10% of the total quoted costs or £500, whichever is greater, is payable by The Client upon confirmation. A further 40% deposit will be due at 4 months from the event date and a final 30% deposit (making a total of 80%) is issued 3 months prior to the event date. The remaining 20% plus any additional costs are payable after the event. Payment terms are 14 days from date of invoice for all invoices. Payment for any additional services contracted on your behalf are payable in full in advance of the event date. If The Client fails to pay the deposit by the date requested The AC reserves the right to cancel the event and charge the client in accordance with Clause 18.
3.2. Deposits for Events Taking Place Less Than 6 Months From The Confirmation Date. For events booked with more than 3 months, but less than 6 months notice a deposit of 50% is payable, 10% of which is non-refundable. A final 30% deposit (making a total of 80%) is issued 3 months prior to the event date. Events booked within 3 months notice will receive a deposit invoice for 80%. The remaining 20% plus any additional costs are payable after the event. Payment terms are 14 days from the date of invoice. Payment for any additional services contracted on your behalf arepayable in full in advance of the event date. If The Client fails to pay the deposit by the date requested The AC reserves the right to cancel the event and charge the client in accordance with Clause 18.
3.3 Deposits for Events That Were Transferred from 2021 Dates andCOVID terms. Due to the exceptional circumstances created by Covid-19, The AC at its entire discretion, may transfer deposits paid for eventsthat could no longer go ahead due to government restrictions in England to a new confirmed date. A new confirmed date must be available at thetime of transfer and should be within 6 months of the original event date. A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the quoted costs or £500, whichever is greater that was payable by The Client upon confirmation is non refundable and non-transferrable. Any additional costs for tastings, menu design, meetings and other costs incurred will also be invoiced and should be settled within 14 days of invoice. Standard cancellation terms willno longer apply as cancellation dates will be applicable from your original event date. This clause does not apply to any events cancelled or postponed outside of English government restrictions. Any events booked while restrictions in England are in place are subject to our standard cancellation terms, although should an event be unable to proceed because restrictions are extended or re-introduced, The AC maytransfer the booking to a new datebut any increase in costs would be passed on. These terms do not cover a disinclination to hold the event.
4. Numbers.All quotations are based on a specific number of guests and changes to this can affect the menu price, hire and staffing costs.Confirmation of final numbers is required 7 full working days prior to the event date. This is the minimum number that will be charged for. Should guest numbers fall by 25% or more from the original Quotation, wereserve the right to charge a supplement, particularly where a discount has been applied. Should guest numbers increase after final numbers have been given we will do our utmost to accommodate this, but reserve the right to charge additionally for costs incurred. Where we are providing food, we have a minimum food spend of £1,000.
5. Menus and Special Dietary Requirements. We require receipt of a final chosen menu no later than 10 full working days in advance of the event date. After this time we reserve the right to adopt the menu from the most recent Quotation. A full list of special dietary requirements should be provided 5 full working days in advance of the event date. We will endeavourto provide a suitable menu option after this date but reserve the right to charge additionally for chef time. Whilst every effort is made to prepare food in a suitable environment, we do not operate an allergen free kitchen and therefore traces of nuts and other allergens may be found in our food.
6. Payment. All fees including VAT are payable within 14 days of receipt of the invoice. Payment for any additional services contractedonyour behalf are payable in full in advance of the event date. We reserve the right to charge interest at 2.5%per month, charged on a daily basis on any invoice that remains unpaid once due
7. Third Party Arrangements. When an event or any part of it is arranged on behalf of the Client by a third party, confirmation from the Client must be provided to The AC, clearly stating that The AC should not be responsible for the actions of any third party and any goods / services that the third party may provide.
8. Variations and Alterations. The contents of menus, decorations or any other items that The AC shall supply are subject to market availability. Any alteration will be notified to the Client.
9. Food. The AC cannot accept responsibility or liability for the safety of any food supplied directly by the Client. We are unable to accept food for storage more than 3 days post event. After this time any food will be disposed of. Any food left to be consumed by a client after the event is entirely at the client’s own risk.
10. Loss or damage. The Client is wholly responsible for all equipment from the time of delivery until it is collected. Any loss or damage caused by a Client or Client’s guests will be charged at the full replacement cost.
11. Cloakroom Facilities. We will happily provide a cloakroom facility at the Client’s request but do not, by doing so, accept responsibility for guests’ possessions. These are left at the owner’s risk. Please note that in certain venues, large bags and mobile phones or other electronic communication devices are not permitted and therefore must be left in the cloakroom when requested to do so.
12. Drinks.All drinks are sold by the bottle and charged on consumption. All drinks are supplied subject to availability and where this isnot possible an equal or enhanced substitute will be made at the same price. The AC will notify the Client at the earliest opportunity should this occur. Should you choose to supply your own drinks a handling charge of £25.00 per case (based on cases of 6) will be charged to cover the cost of porterage, transportation and the recycling of empty bottles after the event. We are unable to accept drinks for storage earlier than 3 working days prior to the event and any remaining drinks must be collected within 3 working days post event, after this time they will be disposed of. The AC has a Responsible Drinking Policy and this will be applied to all events.
13. Staffing and Taxis.Managers, waiting staff and porters are booked for a minimum of 4 hours, chefs for a minimum of 6 hours. Hours worked beyond those quoted for will be charged. Taxis are required for staff working on an event before 7.00am and after 11.00pm and will be charged to the Client.
14. Indemnity. The Client will be responsible for and will indemnify The AC fully against any claims, costs, loss damage or liability arisingdue to any negligent act or default of the Client or any person for whom the Client is responsible.
15. Limitation of Liability. The AC Group’s liability for direct losses or damages caused by its negligence or failure to perform its obligations shall be limited to the amount paid to us by the Client. No liability is accepted for the consequential losses or damages caused by any failure to perform our obligations irrespective of whether that failure is due to negligence on the part of The AC, its officers, employees or sub-contractors or due to any other causes.
16. Force Majeure. No liability is accepted for failure of performance due to strike, lockout, accidents, fire, floods, ice, obstruction, terrorism or any other event beyond the control of The AC. Force Majeure cancellation of events applies only to where Englishgovernment restrictions prevent the event taking place and does not cover disinclination to hold an event. Charges for costs incurred would still apply.
17. Intellectual Property, Photography and Partnership. The AC asserts full intellectual property rights over all aspects of the Quotation and any subsequent design and event management services undertaken. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or shall be deemed to, constitute a partnership or joint venture of any kind between theparties. We routinely photograph or film event set ups, events and the food served at these events, although we do not photograph individual guests, for marketing purposes. If you do not wish this to happen please advise The AC Group in writing.
18. Decorative Items and Wedding Gifts. The AC will take delivery and the utmost care of decorative items for your wedding but do not, by doing so, accept responsibility for them. These are left at your risk. We reserve the right to charge additionally for porterage, delivery and staff time if this is required to transport and manage them. Any remaining items must be collected within 3 working days post event, after this time they will be disposed of.
19. Cancellation. All cancellations must be made in writing. Date of receipt of this will determine the cancellation charge applicable. If a booking is cancelled after confirmation by the Client any liability to sub-contractors or other costs and expenses incurred by The AC on behalf of the Client will be charged in full. Payment will also be demanded with the list of charges specified in Schedule 1. In addition, we reserve the right to charge a consultancy fee, which shall be an amount that the AC in its absolute discretion decides, for any consultancy services provided by us in respect of the event, prior to the cancellation of the booking. Where a tasting has been held, this will be charged at cost.
Schedule 1. –Cancellation Fees
Upon receipt of written cancellation of an event, the following percentage of the entire most recent Quotation will be charged to the Client.
Please note for events that were transferred from 2020 dates, the original event date will apply to cancellations.
Within 3 calendar months of the event50% of total quoted costs
Within 2 calendar months of the event75% of total quoted costs
Within 1 calendar months of the event 100% of total quoted costs
I accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions